“dating” – Single Guys and Girls & what it means?
Are we just texting, hanging out with other people, seeing one another exclusively, or on the fast track to marriage. And if you're hooking up with someone, does it mean you're just kissing or are you having sex?
Dating – single guys and girls. What does it mean today? Swiping right or left or up or down is is fun and easy. Browsing 100s selfies and checking out social media profiles before actually talking to someone can be intriguing and entertaining. Or maybe you met someone on a free chatline and actually heard their voice before you met. Or maybe you tried phone dating at some point? Have you used phone chat meet local singles and that led to your connection. However you met and started dating, it can be exhausting to think about…do we really know what “dating” means anymore?
The more people we date and the more dates you go on, the more confusing it gets. Everyone has their own unique definition, but maybe we should communicate our motives at the beginning of whatever we’re getting into?
Fun ways some single guys and girls think about “dating” today
- It’s trying to find a girlfriend, and for others, it just means swiping until you find a mediocre girl to have sex with.
- Some might think it’s science – working out the ratios of various radioactive isotopes in a sample to determine the age of something. Sometimes, it’s hard not to say I love a man with a sense of humor.
- Maybe it’s hanging out with someone you’re attracted to. Hanging out with someone of the opposite sex who you are attracted to and getting to know them better. Could be at home, a walk,a bar, a restaurant etc…. just spending time with another person. Any clues on what “hanging out” might mean?
- To some men it means consistency, exclusivity, great sex and hopefully a relationship. Perfect! Some people get it.
- On occasion people think it’s about making lists. List what you know about someone, until you realise you don’t like them. Sounds fun!?
- Some think it’s getting to know another person better with the intention of forming a relationship or to get intimate with them. Let’s get it on!
Fun chat and flirting. Maybe inexpensive meals and casual sex. Dating – single guys and girls can be as casual and fun as you want it to be.
What “dating” means to single men and women today
- Sometimes, it’s a lot of swiping right and sending out dozens of messages and talking to a bunch of random girls in the hopes that eventually one of them will come over.
- Maybe it’s fantasizing for some – running into an attractive man or sexy woman and imagining our life and kids together before the moment has passed.
- Is it all about spending a lot of money? A social construct that can be an obstacle to building healthy relationships with women. Makes it harder to get to know them on a more intimate level.
- Going out with different people in with the intention of discovering common ground and evolving into a relationship of some kind.
- Or…is it future-husband or pre-wife interviews.
Dating – single guys and girls. We know it means a lot of different things to different people. Hopefully, some day, there’ll be a common consensus. Until then, enjoy some fun conversations with interesting people you might like and see where it goes!